Sunday 6 July 2008

Our poor dog

THE DOG IS ALREADY MUCH BETTER THAN YESTERDAY EVENING WHEN I POSTED THIS!

Yesterday we made a wonderful trip in the Alps.
It was a perfect day, but in the evening when we were on our way home,
our dog was bitten by a viper ( a black adder). I am so afraid the the dog will die.
Her throat is heavily swollen, and she is aphatetic, hardly drinks, but she can walk.
We brought her to the vet shortly after the bite, where she got medicine supporting the heart and antibiotics.
Today the vet in Vienna said that it was a good sign that she has survived the first 24 hours.
I am so concerned and I hope that she will get well again.
If you see the photos where she is happily running around, and then the last photos with the swollen throat, you will know why I am so concerned. The poor tittle thing.








This is how she looks today.





I do hope so very much that she will get well again.

9 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I will hope along with you that she recovers. I had no idea there were poisonous snakes in Europe...

Maria said...

Dear Sara, thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that our little dog is much better this morning. When she woke up, she stretched, drank some water, and ate for the first time. She is still slow in her movements and has a swollen throat, but she is very much better than o Sunday. :)

Anonymous said...

That's terrible news but it sounds a whole lot less terrible than on Sunday! I also had no idea there were venomous snakes in Austria. The alps photographs are stunning and I send my best wishes for your dog to wake even better tomorrow :)

Maria said...

Thank you, Anon, for your sympathy.
Unfortunately we have some venomous snakes in Austria, not many, and usually they just kill frogs and mice, but if the snake bites a bigger animal or a person who is already ill, it can be dangerous.

Elizabeth said...

what a horrible thing to happen.
you must be devastated.
your poor poor dog.
please keep us posted.

Ces Adorio said...

I read your comments on Anon's blog and wanted to see how your dog is doing. I am glad she is feeling better. Oh that must have been heart wrenching. I know how much we love dogs. We watched our friend;'s dog for ten days and the children fell in love with her. Dogs bring out the best in good people. I hope she continues feeling better everyday.

Maria said...

@Elizabeth,
yes, I was devastated, I'd like to cry all the time and I gave the dog water with my finger tips when she did not want to drink...
But now she is so much better - I am so happy! Thank you for your kind words!

@Ces
Fortunately the dog is so much better now. I thought I would not be able to enjoy hiking anymore if the dog would not come along with us. One really falls in love with animals...

Small City Scenes said...

Oh my goodness---I just know she will recover. Pooe baby. MB

Maria said...

Thank you MB!