Friday 16 April 2010

Cherry blossoms still asleep



Last Wednesday, my friend Brigitte and I visited the Japanese garden(
"Kirschenhain") at the Donauinsel.


A pastel sunset behind Kahlenberg and Leopoldsberg.

And 1000 Japanese cherry trees waiting for the spring sun to open up their buds!


Too bad,
Vienna's 9th cherry tree festival was cancelled because of rainy weather!
Follow this link to see pictures from last year's cherry tree festival!

桜の森

「キルシェンハイン - 桜の森」は2002年春、ドナウインゼル18キロメートル地点に、ウィーン森林局と芸術家グループ to the woodsによって創られました。
この公園は、ニーダーオーストリア州 シュレムスで採取された花崗岩100体と1996年オーストリア建国1000年を記念して日本から寄贈された1000本桜のうち最後の150本から成り、 ドナウ川とその周辺の野原や木立と調和した憩いの空間となっています。
桜の森の完成と1000本桜が全て植え終わった記念として2002年4月30日に最初の「桜の森祭り」が行われ、その後毎年桜の季節に開催されています。
桜の森の成長にともない、自然との関わり、訪れる人々の交流もますます深まっていくことでしょう。 この成長型アート空間は、伝統的な日本庭園に新風を吹き込むものです。

5 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Sorry to hear the weather cancelled the festival. I think that many trees in bloom would be just a heavenly sight. Peace

Regina said...

Gorgeous photos!
I love the cherry blossom festival. I experienced it once it Tokyo
Those are Japanese writing? yours?

Enjoy the weekend Maria.

Maria said...

Regina:
Unfortunately they are not mine,they are from http://www.tothewoods.jp/kirschenhain/index.html and tell the story of the Japanese cherry trees :)

ayamlin said...

Hi Maria!
Thanks for introducing the story aboug cherry trees in your city.
it's easy to understand to read japanese for me:)
I'm more than delighted 150 trees are still alive. Japanese this kind of cherry trees live only for 1 hundred, I heard but it's easy to grow up.
the same kind of cherry trees grows in our country, I'm so happy.
we're connected.
Thanks to Maria.
I'm so happy to read your blog.

Marina said...

Rainy or not the blossoms are beautiful, aren't they?