Wednesday 22 October 2008

Morning and Evening

In the morning I walked our dog before I went to work.
My husband is ill, he has caught the flue, and so I care for the dog before going to work.
I take the camera with me - and catch the morning atmosphere with all that foggy blue hues.


Grünangergasse

Weihburggasse


Franziskanerplatz


Maybe you know it already :)


In the evening, after work, I take a walk with my skywalking friend Brigitte.
We walk along the river Danube because here are lights along the river.
We meet at 19:00,and it is completely dark.


But the modern architecture of the train station and the reflections of the street lights in the water of the Danube are spectacular.



Please enlarge the above photo because the reflections are stunning!



Vienna International Centre on the other side of the Danube,
its lights reflecting in the dark water.


We pass at least 10 ships with Danube tourists, most of them being anchored over night, but this one passing by.


And, at last, we pass the building site of a new station of the Underground line U2.
It looks impressing at night!


We conclude our walk with a glass of beer and a Paar Würstel in a traditional Viennese Gasthaus.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

It's so wonderful of you to show us your beautiful city! Thank you so much!

ayamlin said...

Hello Maria!
when I see your pictures of your town, I always think your town is wonderful.
I love the first one and the second one.
Was there a little bit fog in the morning?
it looks cold and silent.
what time do you go to work?
I work from 8:45am to 5:20 pm.

Wienermädel + Co said...

Schöne Bilder, danke, dass du Grünangergasse und Weihburggasse angeschrieben hast, hätte ich gar nicht erkannt, schon gar nicht im morgendlichen Dunst. Die abendlichen Donau-Impressionen sind toll.

EG CameraGirl said...

Thank you for the walk along the Danube. I felt like I was there with you. ;-)

Webradio said...

Mon beau Danube bleu !

Jolies photos encore aujourd'hui... Le danube est un peu "noir"... Sourire....

Jan said...

Wonderful, and you're right the reflections are outstanding.

Ces Adorio said...

I tried to comment on this post but blogger gave me a hard time. I wanted to say that I love the night shots.